Saturday, October 22, 2011

Costume Party October 22, 2011

For the first time since we were kids, Barry and I decided we would actually dress up for a costume/birthday party for a sweet little boy we know! Originally we looked at different costumes at the Halloween store, but I just wasn't feeling any of them. Part of the problem is that, although I have been losing a lot of weight, I am in the in between sizes. The large costumes were 12-14 and that was if you were lucky. Most costumes ended at size 12. Not there yet. Hopefully sometime in the near future but not yet.



So, after leaving there feeling a bit sad about not getting a costume, I told Barry that I had thought about dressing up like one of the girls from the roller derby. He thought that was a great idea, so we went and looked for some roller skates since that was the main thing I needed for my costume. Later I got some elbow and knee pads to wear as well.


Barry had decided that he too wanted a costume that he would be able to use more than once, so he decided to be a farmer. He got some overalls and a shirt that said will trade wife for tractor, lol.


It was fun to find a costume to wear. Hopefully next year I will be able to try some of the other costumes at the store. And hopefully I can get some use out of my roller skates at some point, lol.




No comments: